Maintenance of your Central Heating System ensures the safe and proper functioning of your entire HVAC system. We all know Central Illinois winters can be intense, so making sure your central heating system is ready to go will help keep your home warm and comfortable during those colder months. Especially if the heating component of your HVAC system has been turned off since the end of last winter, it is a good idea to have it checked out by a professional like the ones at Covenant Heating & Air.
Heating maintenance and savings
Every central heating system should be handled with care and so a professional maintenance check should not just be a quick glance-over. When you choose a professional like Covenant Heating & Air Conditioning, you’ll get a partner who will spend time with your system, recommending a tune up that is specific to your HVAC system and home.
Central heating system maintenance is essential for proper functioning, and that means understanding your system’s unique needs. We want to maintain your system’s components in order to extend the life of your equipment and help you save money this winter.
Almost 90% of all central heating system problems are due to a build-up of dirt and sludge. Annual (ideally bi-annual) maintenance by a qualified central heating system professional can help flush debris out of central heating units, stopping bigger problems from occurring later on and preventing potential breakdowns.
The benefits of regular maintenance
Checking in on your central heating system this fall has many benefits, including:
- Energy savings that translate into lower bills. More efficient heating systems mean greater energy efficiency which can generate economic savings on your energy bill.
- Increased comfort. Fight the cold and keep your home warm and cozy with a heating system that you can trust. Not only will you have the physical comfort of staying warm, but you’ll also have peace of mind knowing your system won’t break down when you need it.
- Better Indoor Air Quality. Sealing your home against the winter cold is important, but it can also increase the risk of things like carbon monoxide poisoning from furnaces. Making sure your central heating system is running properly reduces this risk and ensures your home has clean, breathable air.
- Extended equipment life span. Typically, central heating systems can last up to 10 years. But a poorly maintained system can break down much earlier. Regular maintenance to your HVAC system can ensure that you’re getting the most out of it. It also means you’re not having to spend money on constant repairs.
- Meet building code and system warranty requirements. Local building codes and system warranties often require building owners to have regular inspections and maintenance.
- Benefits to the environment. Central heating system maintenance can offer the level of comfort that homeowners need while their homes consume less energy and emit less carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere, reducing greenhouse effect.
- Customers benefit from a comprehensive service. Just as your car needs regular maintenance to protect its parts, so does your central heating system. With a continued bi-annual maintenance plan, qualified professionals perform specific procedures that protect your system’s components for peace of mind.
Trust Covenant to Inspect Your Central Heating System
Now that you are in the know, be ready this winter by consulting with the experts at Covenant Heating & Air Conditioning to get a central heating assessment on the calendar. Covenant services the Pekin/Peoria, East Peoria, and Lincoln area and offers service maintenance packages, providing you peace of mind you can count on.